Monday, July 1, 2013

Week and a half already?

Last night, I found myself trying to remember what day of the week it was. When I realized that it was Sunday, I remembered that I needed to go to work the next morning. Then, I remembered that I didn't! I would get to stay home with my Lily and keep trying to figure out how exactly we fit into each other's lives. I'm extremely happy that I get to take maternity leave, even if it isn't the 3 months many other American mothers can take. I am also extremely lucky to have a husband who gets to take 3 weeks paternity. Although Lily is a relatively laid-back baby, it still is amazingly helpful to have David and I be able to tag team with her. We've actually been able to take showers, get sleep, do laundry, etc., while also each being able to have time to just hold her and enjoy her presence. I knew that David would be a great dad, but it still blows me away the patience and love he has in his voice even at super-fussy 1 a.m. when she starts really raising her voice. This is from the hospital, and it's pretty much one of my favorite pictures so far.

 I can't believe we've already had her with us for a week and a half. She's already been so productive. She's lost her umbilical cord, had a first home bath, made her switch to cloth diapers...
The time has gone by so quickly that it makes me wonder just how fast the next few years are going to fly by.

No comments:

Post a Comment