Sunday, July 14, 2013

Outdoor adventures

On Friday, Grandma Betty, Lily, and I went to Glen Echo Park by the house. It is a ravine park, so we just walked on the trail. It was a short trail and therefore trip, but it was fun. The first thing we saw was a mural of Ohio birds under a street bridge at the entrance of the park.


A little later we saw a waterfall that seemed to be fed by a pipe but was good about showing the different layers of rock.




When we went home, I had to take a nap, so I missed tummy time. David and Grandma got to see Lily turn over from her tummy to her back! Lily did it again on Saturday, so I got to see it then.


On Saturday, all four of us went on a picnic and short hike at the Wilma H. Schiermeier Olentangy River Wetlands Research Park (part of OSU).



We saw what might have been either a beaver or a muskrat. We did not see a map ahead of time, so it's good that we turned down this one path. Otherwise, we would have kept on the Olentangy River bike path, which goes for several miles! We saw a part of the wetlands that had lily pads! We heard both a Green Frog and a Bullfrog.




Once again, the walk was short, but it still tired me out. I took a nap, but first Grandma and Mommy had to give Lily a bath! Oh, yes. We did. This little girl gets so messy for not doing anything all day. She's a pretty messy eater. Here she is post-bath. Very content.


No comments:

Post a Comment