A blog to help keep track with our daughter as she grows and we grow with her.
Sunday, November 17, 2013
Halloween and other things
I can't believe it's almost been a month since we posted! Time is flying by super quickly with this little girl... Not so little any more! Her chest used to be narrower than my palm, and now it takes two palms to cover her chest.
Lily got to experience her first Halloween. We didn't do trick-or-treating because neither Lily nor Mommy could eat the candy, and Daddy shouldn't eat that much alone. He already had some because we had no trick-or-treaters at our house. (Not surprised based on location.) My first Halloween costume was a pumpkin outfit made by my mom, so I wanted to do something similar for Lily. I sewed a Jack-o'-lantern costume for her. I didn't have a pattern, so it didn't turn out as good as I wanted, but it still came out pretty good.
Regina as pumpkin, 1984
Lily-o'-lantern
Lily-o'-lantern, 2013
Lily has started to figure out causality. When she is on her back on her play mat, she usually moves her arms, and sometimes it makes a jingle sound when she hits the owlie. The other day, she did that a few times, and I could see her realize something. She grabbed the owl and proceeded to shake the ever-loving snot out of it. What this means is that she is starting to realize that she can control her own environment. She has the power to make the owlie jingle when she wants without having to wait for Mom or Dad to jingle it. She's been doing a lot of that in her Exersaucer as well.
No longer bracing herself!
As far as development, she can now roll over both ways and sit for a bit without help. For SIDS, you're supposed to have the baby sleep on it's back. This little girl will flip over often as soon as you put her down. Right before I took this video, I had put her down on her back.
Also, she's been able to grab her toesies for a while. Another comparison shot between Mommy and Lily!
Lily, 2013
Regina
Soon, we can start trying out making marks on paper. She's still a long way from reading or writing, but she does seem pretty interested in the pictures and holding the pages in her tiny hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment