Thursday, September 19, 2013

3 month birthday

Today is Lily's 3 month birthday! I can't believe we've gone through a quarter of a year together already. She making all sorts of squeals, giggles, coos, and gurgles.

[video from changing table to come]

Before, I had to put a bolster (rolled up blanket) around her head and a potholder under her chin to hold up her floppy neck even when her feeding chair was fully reclined.
1 week old
Now, I moved it so it's one notch less reclined, and she can fully hold her head up and look around!
September 17, 2013
During tummy time, she can lift her head and chest up in a little push-up; she can also turn herself around 90 degrees. Next up, crawling! She's got really strong legs and can stand with a lot of help. She only needs some help to sit up on her own, though!
September 16, 2013
We don't think we've found what's causing her allergic colitis yet. It's possible that the allergen just hasn't cleared my system yet. The next food to go is wheat. It's really hard to figure out meals and give up all these foods that I really like, especially after having limited menus and foods during pregnancy with my gestational diabetes. However, I am happy to do what I can to make her tummy happy. It would be easier for me to just switch to formula, but that would be up to $400/month for hypoallergenic formula and she wouldn't get any of the advantages that breast milk can give her!

No comments:

Post a Comment