Our daughter, Lily Jean, was born on June 20th, 2013. After a long induce period, Lily came with a quick and generally easy labor and was hale and healthy at 7 lbs 1.4 oz and (as measured in the hospital) 21".
Lily was born with a fair amount of dark hair, and as far as we can tell so far has deep blue eyes (although we expect that both may change in time). I had light brown to blondish hair when I was an infant and toddler, but grew out of it by the time I was four or five (from what I can tell in pictures).
So far, Lily definitely has a Bouley mouth and nose and possibly something more like my cheekbones, although the latter is hard to tell with her cutely chubby cheeks. Based on how much Lily likes sleeping, I'd have to say she takes after her mother.
Lily has been a blessing so far, and we could not have imagined a better time with the labor and postpartum period so far. Sometimes I suddenly remember that I'm a father, and it's shocking and scary and exciting all at the same time. In so many ways our life hasn't changed at all and yet has changed entirely, and I look forward to a life spent raising my darling daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment